is evolution really dependent on spamassassin?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Dec 31 18:03:42 UTC 2005

Tim:
>> Surely this is a stupid dependency?  It's supposedly *optional* whether
>> you use anti-spam filtering in Evolution (I've never allowed it's junk
>> mail checking), why should it *have* to be present?

John Summerfied:
> So you _can_ use the filtering.

Then, if I want to, I can load the required files onto my system.

It's as daft as having to install 100 dictionaries for a spell checker,
because it insists.  Never mind that you only speak one language.  We
had that silliness with Gaim a while back, insisting on you installing
some optional spell checker - made all the more worse by the difficulty
in finding the package it needed.

I read messages from the public lists.