Find hard links?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Wed Feb 2 13:43:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 12:33 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> D. D. Brierton wrote:
> > I know that you can use find like so:
> >
> > find -type l
> >
> > to find symbolic links, but does anyone know how one finds hard links?
>
> Try:
>
> $ find /some/directory -links +1 -type f -ls
>
> The files with the same numbers in the left hand column are hard linked
> to each other.

I think that that was what I needed. It tells me that two wholly
unimportant files are hard linked to each other. I don't think they were
before I had the problems with the previous hard drive. Should I be
concerned that there might be problems as yet undetected? I have fscked
the partitions on my new drive, and no problems were reported.

Thanks for the help.

Best, Darren