fc3 and the intel high-definition audio 915 chipset

Donald Raikes dnraikes at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:51:04 UTC 2005

TIA,
Don Raikes

Hello,

Has any had any success using fc3 with intel's 915 (82801FB) chipset for
high definition audio?
I just purchased a new gateway pc whose motherboard includes this chipset.
When I installed fc3 (kernel 2.6.10-1.741FC3), it is not recognizing the
audio sub-system.

When I do a lspci, I get the following info:

00:1b.0 Class 0403: Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)

But when I try to use aumix to adjust volume, it says root cannot find the
mixer.
I llook in /dev and there is no mixer or pcm devices listed.

Any suggestions appreciated.