MegaRAID Slow Performance

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Fri Feb 4 01:38:45 UTC 2005

On Thursday 03 February 2005 20:21, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Chris Stark writes:
> > Is it just that this card is crap?
>
> About a year ago I tried getting a Megaraid card working.  The retail box
> proudly listed its supposed Linux compatibility.
>
> I admit that the problem's ultimate cause were probably rooted in driver
> bugs in an early FC kernel.
>
> But, after receiving utterly inexcusable goober replies from Megaraid's
> tech support mailbox, I just wrote them off as a lost cause.

Same here - got a few of them laying around.. They make decent paper weights
but other than that, I haven't found much use for them... Their SCSI stuff is
decent - the (S)ATA based ones are <insert random curse here>.
If you want a good, well supported ide raid I'd recommend 3ware. Not the
fastest thing out there, but in my experience rock solid and very well
supported.

Peter.