Slightly OT: Greylisting success or failure stories?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri Feb 4 16:14:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 09:59 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> David Cary Hart wrote:

> Exactly.  If I'm on trip to China, I might as well use local ISP to send
> my mails.  For example, ISP might block outgoing connections to port 25
> (something many ISPs do these days).  You'll block by SMTP country of
> origin (China), so you'll block my mail.

No. We won't. A local ISP doesn't mean that you are using local SMTP.
Typically a traveler uses local resources to connect. Once connected,
they are connecting to their primary POP/IMAP & SMTP servers to send and
receive email. In the alternative, they are using a webmail interface
(which is what I use when I travel).