2.6.9-1.11_FC2smp IPv6 issue

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Sun Feb 6 19:36:33 UTC 2005

Hi

I downloaded 2.6.9-1.11_FC2smp in early January but have only just tried
it.  Previously the box was in FC2 but using various bespoke 2.4 kernels
although 2.6.8-1.521smp had been used without problem.

Booting this kernel has switched sshd into dual-listen mode so that all IP
numbers are reported as ::ffff:n.n.n.n.  This makes a monkey of my BF
protection as the apf firewall doesn't parse it correctly. When I boot
back into 2.4, sshd mode is retained in dual-listen, despite being dropped
on bootup.

I have explicitly switched ipv6 off in /etc/sysconfig/network but this
problem is still there. (NETWORKING_IPV6=no).  IPV6 is enabled in the 2.4
kernel by modules but none of them are loaded.

Can someone tell me please how do I stop sshd from working in dual-listen
mode?

TIA

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com