100% Linux - Is it possible?

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Feb 7 00:27:10 UTC 2005

Paul wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 00:47 -0600, Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>

>>Paul wrote:

>>>Unreal and UT2003 are different things Unreal is a single player game,
>>>and not available for Linux.
>>>
>>>Paul
>>>

>>I beg to disagree... Please take a look at
>>http://www.icculus.org/~chunky/ut/unreal/ ;)
>>

>I think the person was referring to Unreal II (Unreal 2003) the link
>refers to a "hacked" version of the original Unreal using the UT99 Linux
>client to play Unreal.  AFAIK nobody had done a similar hack to use the
>UT2K3 client to play Unreal II.
>
>Paul

UT2003 != Unreal II, besides NOWHERE in the message it said Unreal II (I
don't mean to be rude, it just caught my eye)... Anyway, I don't think
it is possible to run Unreal II through the Linux port of the Unreal
Engine 2 (Second generation Unreal Engine, I mean)... Thought it'd be
interesting just to see if it is possible (I personally did not like
Ureal II, even less being the big fan I am of Unreal I, so... hehe)

Gaming is possible in Linux with Wine or Cedega, if you have the right
hardware (i.e nVidia is the most compatible video card chip brand for
cross gaming, ATi's getting there, but still lacks some). I personally
am a transgaming subscriber because of that... I'm not ashamed of that,
I'm ashamed of developers who are lazy enough just to make sure they're
games will work at BEST with Cedega... I better stop there, since once I
start, I have a hard time to refrain... LOL.