assignment of eth* devices

H. Streit hstreit at swri.edu
Mon Feb 7 20:39:38 UTC 2005

Wow, well I've been running linux on a laptop for a year or so, and I
always had this problem with PCMCIA-based nics taking the eth0 name
(when the built-in nic was eth0, and configured for my home network).
I used a PCMCIA-based nic when I went to hotels and such, but
everytime, I'd have to comment-out my home network settings...really
irritating.
I think I'm going to try this out and see if I can get it to work...