True Type Fonts

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Feb 8 01:55:14 UTC 2005

On 02/07/2005 04:49:55 PM, Matt Florido wrote:

> Thanks for the link Darren.  I read the file and did a little archive
> searching.  I didn't realize it was so simple to import your favorite
> w*doze fonts (non-copyrighted of course) to FC3.

There's nothing wrong with using copyrighted fonts in Linux.
If you have right to use the font in Windows, you have right to use it
in Linux.

There may be some restrictions on how many copies you can have, or if
you can use them for commercial purposes, but I don't think so. At
least in America, fair use still gives us a lot of leniency - even with
bundled products, like fonts.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/