Failure making fc3 backup image

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 8 19:08:20 UTC 2005

I attemped to make an image file of fc3 for restoration purpose and
encountered  problems;

1. Using ghost 8.0
    When just started, ghost checked the fc3 first for about 1 minute,
and display message "An internal inconsistency has been detected. If
this problem persists, contact Symantech Tech Support.", then I was
forced to exit - Failure in making image.

2. Using partimage - problem in restoration ;
    The making of fc3 image went well throughtout.
    The restoration - When the process reached 96%, the message pop up
"Impossible to find a local check structure, data may be damaged. Do you
want to continue?" I selected "Yes" but program can't continue at all,
the only thing left I can do was to select "No", and after it another
message "Magic string does not match; error in the image file xxxxxx.ooo".
I had wiped out the fc3 partition twice and did 2 clean installation and
still can't solve the problem.
But the fc3 seemed working except as mentioned above. would appreciate
any input.