Error Installing mysql on Fedora2

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Feb 9 04:29:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 23:14, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> What have I done wrong here.? Installed mysql via YUM(1st mistake.?).
> Cheers.

Yeah, installing mysql was the mistake!  Postgresql is what you want.
Just kidding!  :)

First guess is that you may have a problem with selinux.  Try disabling
that temporally to see if that fixes the problem.  If it does check back
earlier in todays messages, there was one discussing mysql and getting
it started.  I have included the info from the linked message below.

setenforce 0
etc/init.d/mysqls start

If mysqld start, follow this procedure to configure SELinux :

>From Startmenu select
"System settings"
Then choose
"Security settings or security level"
A window appears with 2 tabs : "Firewall options" and "SELinux"
Choose SELinux.
At the bottom half of the window you have a lisbox, listing (at least on
my PC)

Apache
Name Service
NIS
SELinux Service Protection

Open SELinux Service Protection
Select "Disable SELinux protection for mysqld daemon"
Click "OK"
you had to reboot to make it work

--

Response brought to you by AutoReponder 0.1
a product of Magic-8-ball productions.