Notebook on Windows Network

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Feb 9 13:59:32 UTC 2005

Denham Eva wrote:
> Thanks Paul for at least quering.
>
> Ok what I mean is - I am on the network i.e. my WinXP workstation can
> see my fedora-Core3-Notebook and even browse to my user account via Samba.
> But my notebook seems to not be able to see anything. If I try browsing
> the Lan I find only localhost network. If I ping my Windows XP
> workstation it see that. So I am on the network (or should I say I
> managed that thus far) but am stuck as to how to get linux to "join" the
> Windows Domain.

Do you really mean "Domain"? That word has a special meaning in Windows
networking. A regular home network will use a "Workgroup" rather than a
"Domain".

You still haven't said what you're actually trying to do. Joining a
domain doesn't actually "do" anything. Are you trying to access files or
printers on the Windows machines, for instance?

Paul.