Error Installing mysql on Fedora2

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 16:15:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:17:00 +0900, Mark Sargent
<powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp> wrote:

> thanx, David, that's good to know. I went and installed the latest via
> .tar.gz file. Wanna learn the manual install procedure, anyway. Cheers.

Mark,
One other point. If you are going to do a manual install, you probably
want to get the latest version of mysql, from mysql.org rather than
sticking to the 3.23.xx version that comes with FC3. (Unless there is
a particular application that requires the older version).

--

David