Save me from spams

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 17:58:08 UTC 2005

arora.himanshu at gmail.com wrote:
> I appreciate your suggestion but the problem is not this. The
> configuration of mail server is not so simple.  I want to check my
> mails from anywhere in the institute. I use putty or ssh for the same.
> I can't install ThunderBird on each and every PC.Moreover everyuser
> has a disk quota limit of 20 MB. I cannot install spamassassin as
> someone else suggested because of 20MB limit. I cannot buy a new
> powerful server because this server belongs to my institute.

One of *those* problems.

You might find that SpamBayes does the job:
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/unix.html
It needs Python (which you should have), and can interface with cron. If
you don't have permission to run cron, put the script mentioned in the
link into your .bash_profile or somewhere.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | Mike Andrews' Corollary to Murphy's Law:
Exeter    Devon    UK | In any sufficiently large collection of texts, every