no rlogin?

Douglas Frank frank at zk3.dec.com
Wed Feb 9 19:11:18 UTC 2005

(Yeah, I know I'm supposed to be using ssh.)

Kicking off xinitrc in debug mode, it emits thusly:

Service configuration: login
         id = login
         flags = IPv4
         socket_type = stream
         Protocol (name,number) = (tcp,6)
         port = 513
         wait = no
         user = 0
         Groups = no
         PER_SOURCE = -1
         Bind = All addresses.
         Server = /usr/sbin/in.rlogind
         Server argv = in.rlogind
         Only from: All sites
         No access: No blocked sites
         Logging to syslog. Facility = authpriv, level = info
         Log_on_success flags = HOST PID USERID
         Log_on_failure flags = HOST USERID

Does this look OK?  I suspect not, since it doesn't work.  Xinetd (-d)
doesn't react (i.e. prints nothing) when I try to rlogin.  BTW
in.rlogind is there and executable, but that's not the issue: xinetd
doesn't recognize incoming connection requests.

--
Douglas Frank
HP Co.