Yum update

Jared Buck JBuck814366460 at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 06:38:43 UTC 2005

This is a problem I have sometimes.  When updates are available, use the
Red Hat Network Alert Icon under Apps --->  System Tools. Double click
on the icon (it should be red with an !) to see what's for update.

Close the window without doing anything, then reboot the machine
(sometimes this problem is caused by leaving the machine on too long)
and once you're back in Linux, head to the Terminal (also under System
Tools)  then become root by typing su plus your password.

Type yum update and it should work.

Let me know if this doesn't - there are other solutions besides this
one, but this is the one to try first.

Jared