Repartition Hard Drive?

Gill, Jack JGill at mail.twu.edu
Fri Feb 11 15:29:56 UTC 2005

Thanks for the help!

No, I'm not deserting Linux!

I installed Linux on a laptop that belongs to work, and I just need to
remove Linux, if I can, before I return the laptop.

Jack
------------------------------
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:07:29 +0200
From: Kino <linas.purinis at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Repartition Hard Drive?
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>

OK, I will go into some details. If you selecting OS from linux boot
loader, you will have to replace the disk boot sector, if you do this
from windows menu, you just need to remove linux line from c:\boot.ini
(hidden file). In case of linux boot loader you must boot from w2k cd
and select recovery console. from console you must run fix mbr command
(help will bring you full commands list). I did run 2 commands, but fix
mbr will be enougth propably. This just replace linux boot loader, with
windows (will not do anything to the data) and after restart windows
will start without asking what to boot first. Then from windows you can
format linux partition into another windows drive (you cannot merge it
with windows tools). How to do that? Right click my computer, select
manage, find disk something and you will see your partitions. Right
click for more options. P.S. But I suggest you to leave linux, spend
more time with it, learn and soon you will replace windows partition :)