installing Xine

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:29:39 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:49:27 -0800, Jared Buck <JBuck814366460 at aol.com> wrote:

> Get yourself a copy of GCC (which is the standard compiler for Linux).
> Without a compiler, your programs won't compile worth a d**n.
>
> Pick up a copy here http://gcc.gnu.org/.  I'm not sure exactly where the
> binaries for GCC are in this site, but they're around somewhere.  Try
> checking the CVS repository for the site.
>
> Jared

Uh, you could also use yum I believe as well to get gcc and other
stuff but it might be worth the trip back to the old install discs and
the Install programs app to get all the Development stuff at once.

Isn't there an option to install all those bits at one time.  Not sure
since I never install linux without a compiler.

Every system should have a compiler.