Updating Fedora 3 non-internet

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Sun Feb 13 15:23:19 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:

> Peter Arremann wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 12 February 2005 11:57, Mark Sargent wrote:
>>

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> how do I do this.? I can access the net via my Fedora2 box, but, don't
>>> want the Fedora3 box doing such, but wish to update. So, do I download
>>> all updates(can I distinguish b4hand from old and latest updates) to a
>>> Folder, burn to a CD and point YUM, on the new box, to the CD.?
>>> Thoughts/ideas, thanx. Cheers.
>>>

>> Why not just run a rpm -Fvh on the rpm directory you have on cd?
>>
>> Peter.
>>

> Hi All,
>
> ok, but, how do I seperate the latest updates from the older ones,
> when 1st downloading from the net.? Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

Hi All,

this page,
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/
lists all the FC3 updates. Is that all there is, so far..? On that page
is an example of what I mentioned b4.? A number of older updates for the
same thing. NetworkManager is 1 example. I want to point an FTP
downloader to this site, and only download the latest. How is this
done..? What is there in FC2 that is like FTPCute for example.? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.