TurboTax - Linux?

Chris Jones linux at stow-jones.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 16:19:34 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:

>On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 10:04:28PM -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
>

>>Sadly, folks, I don't trust putting information like this on the web.  I
>>would like a full blown version of TurboTax for Linux.  I like the
>>availability to have access to Electronic Filing.  Sadly, this requires
>>me to run either a Mac or to run Windows.  This is the LAST application
>>I need to rid my system of the Windows Virus.
>>

>If you're doing electronic filing, isn't your information being put on the
>net anyway?

Not that it may matter to most people on this list, but Intuit UK appear
to have some financial problems - they have dumped Quicken for Winbloze,
as well as TaxCalc with immediate effect, despite the fact that they
only bought TaxCalc from the Consumers Association last summer. That
only leaves Micro$haft's Money as a reasonable personal finance package
within the UK. Looks like GnuCash have an opportunity to help OpenSource
community to take on the UK personal finance market, if only the product
would connect to the London Stock Exchange prices, I would willingly
dump M$ completely.

--
Chris Jones