FC3 traffic can't get thru firewall

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Sun Feb 13 17:28:17 UTC 2005

Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:

> Gonna take a long shot here... Check on /proc/sys/net/ipv4 if tcp_ecn
> is enabled. Some routers silently drop packets if the ECN bit is
> set... maybe your router is one of those...

I should have mentioned, that I added :
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0
to the stock /etc/sysctl.conf and did a sysctl -p

> Also , do a tcpdump when trying to connect from bigboy to an external
> webserver. This way you will know if the data is going through the
> firewall.. if it is , the next step is trying to check the router , as
> it is the most probable cause...

I used one of my web servers as a target and did a tcpdump on my end
looking for traffic from the clients entire network and got nothing from
bigboy, but got traffic from mail1. It appears that the traffic isn't
leaving their site when bigboy is involved.

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill at ycc.com
http://www.ycc.com