Modem is not detected

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Feb 14 04:49:42 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 05:30 +0300, Kumara wrote:
> Thanks
> Then, why Intel included a Linux driver in a Folder in the installation CD?
> is it a winmoedem anymore
> Mohan

Please do not top post

My comment was on the USRobotics/3com modems, not on your Intel modem.

If the driver was included on the CD with the modem, You should contact
Intel with your problem since it obviously does not work with software
they provided.  That will give them another data point about how many
users actually expect stuff to work in Linux.

As a general rule, drivers are for a specific kernel and are a module
that gets loaded to support the hardware.  If your system is not exactly
as expected/tested when the disk was made it may not work.

Once again (as both Barry and I have already done) I suggest you go to
www.linmodems.com for assistance with drivers for your modem if you fail
to succeed with Intel.