Linux sucks

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 14 15:22:43 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: David Curry <dsccable at comcast.net>
Sent: Feb 14, 2005 6:38 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Linux sucks

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

><Introjection>
>
>    Ya know, if you want TRUE, GOOD hi-cap support, there's always IBM.
>That big-iron is one long, sweet ride.  And who gives better support
>than IBM?
>
></introjection (I don't work for'em, just learned to love'em) >

What has this thread contributed to understanding and development of
Fedora?  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Can further discussion under this thread be taken off list?  PLEASEEEEEEE!

------James' Reply-----
David:

While I agree that this thread is a little long in the tooth, it does discuss the value of getting RHEL vice using Fedora, and that is RHEL is supported by Red Hat (and makes some folks feel better) whereas Fedora is supported by US (that is the collective we.)  I've also seen, in this thread that Fedora is a hobbyist version and distribution of Linux whereas RHEL is designed for the commercial enterprise.  That is true.  Also, it allows those of us willing to experiement to find and fix flaws, whether they are oversights of the designers or due to changes in hardware design.  And that folks is just about the gist of this thread.
And the fact that some folks don't like Microsoft is well known.  However, complaining about them does not do anything to change them.  And the day's of 'free' software support are just about gone in the MS world.  Either you pay, up front or through a support contract, for Microsoft support.
These are just my opinions, and feel free to contact me, off the list, about them.

--

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!