X server refusing remote clients

Douglas Frank frank at zk3.dec.com
Mon Feb 14 22:07:17 UTC 2005

OK, I had unsetenv'd it because my .login file on the remote machine
sets DISPLAY to point to a different machine (my old workstation).  What
the heck, I'll comment out that line... and it's working?  YES!!!!

Thank you all for the hints.   Now I wish I understood why this works
and simply setting DISPLAY doesn't.  Btw DISPLAY now defaults to the
server I logged into; obviously I don't have permission to display on
the admin's own monitor.  Apparently ssh re-routes stuff back to the
node I logged in from...?

--
Douglas Frank    HP Co.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,