kevin.wentland at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 00:10:57 UTC 2005
I am going to reply to my own post..... I think I found the answer.
Here it is.... someone called Pucko posted it to a message board.
1) Interrupt Grub from booting, edit the bootparameters with "e"-key,
and remove the "rhgb"-parameter from the boot parameters. The continue
booting normally. (This will skip the graphical boot in Fedora.)
2) Fedora complains about not being able to start GDM, ignore it and
cancel all questions to get to the login prompt.
3) Login as root, enter "init 3" to go to single-user mode. Enter
"modprobe nvidia" to load the nvidia-module.
4) Finally, enter "cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices/" to fix the
5) Now just enter "init 5" and you're back in business.
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:56:25 -0600, Kevin Wentland
<kevin.wentland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I upgraded my FC1 to FC3
> Now I can't get X to run....
> I have a Chaintech Nvidia 5200 card...
> Any help greatly appreciated.
More information about the users