TurboTax - Linux?

Paul subsolar at subsolar.org
Tue Feb 15 03:36:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 11:38 -0600, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) wrote:

> > Of course. And Turbo Tax for the Web (and all of the other
> > companies) also
> > use https. I guess the question is: a secure protocol _to what_?
> >

> > --
> > Matthew Miller            mattdm at mattdm.org
>
> Back to the original quesiton, have people tried running
> Turbo Tax under wine?  I was going to try it out just for
> grins, but have not gotten to it yet.

Well I've tried TaxCut ... it installs fine, but the auto update feature
does not work and there are font issues.

I don't personally trust TurboTax because of what they pulled with
writing to the MBR (or was the Partition table) a couple years back.
TaxCut just asks you "Is this a legally registered copy?" you click YES
and it goes on to install ... no CD key or anything.

Regards,
Paul Berger