Core 3 Freezes at 1.st start of X after install

Tor Harald Thorland linux at strigen.com
Tue Feb 15 09:27:23 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 08:35 +0100, Linux wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Just installed core 3 and did the first reboot. After picking username &
>>passwd I adjusted the screen size (¤%&/¤&%/) and then went on to the
>>first start of X.
>>The screen went black and the computer freezes and nothing but pulling
>>the power cord works.
>>I have set the computer to go into runlevel 3, and have searched for the
>>config file for X
>>I've tryed everything from xconfigure to xf86config and so on.... but no
>>"configprogram" editing of the etc/x11/...config file didn't work either..
>>
>>Whats the name of the config program?
>>

>Try:
>
># system-config-display --reconfig
>
>Paul.

Theres something terribly wrong here... I have had Fedora Core 2 on this
one earlyer.. and -.....
The computer is a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A7600
Core 3 identyfy the video card as ATI Radeon Mobility U1 (The same as
Core 2 did)
I have tryed different settings now, even 800X600 on the display.
As soon as X is started the computer freezes. I cant even use the
ctrl-alt-backspace or del.

Can anyone help me on how to track down the problem..

Tor Harald Thorland