Linux Desktop for university staff

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Feb 15 16:53:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 03:36:48PM +0200, Murat Tepegoz wrote:
> Visio: I don't think that OOo draw is as successful as visio. So I searched
> for an alternative.  One alternative may be inkscaper.  It is really cool, and
> quite handy. There are also win32 binaries. I guess inkscaper is a perfect
> alternative to visio. Another one may be scribus. Its gui is not as friendly
> as inkscaper (I guess), but it is also very successfull. Can kivio be another
> alternative?

I assume you mean "inkscape". It's not really the same thing as Visio --
it's more a Illustrator/Freehand replacement.

Scribus even less so -- that's a desktop publsihing program.

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm at mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
-->  Fedora Users & Developers Conference, hosted by Boston University  <--