USB2 memory stick failing to mount

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 15 17:35:34 UTC 2005

Peter Lawler wrote:
> Hi!
> I've googled and check the archives a little, but found not much of use.
>
> I can't get my USB2 memory stick to mount. This is about the only useful
> kind of info I can get out of dmesg.
>
> usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
> usb 2-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
> usb 2-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
> usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
> usb 2-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
>
> My system is 2.6.10-1.741_FC3smp Pentium 4. Any thoughts/comments
> appreciated.
Pete:

You are attempting to mount a USB 2 device on a USB 1.1 connection.  If
you are trying to use it on a USB 2 connection, try
modprobe ehci-hcd as root.
If you cannot get ehci-hcd to work, then try to log it at
bugzilla.redhat.com
--
James McKenzie
With assistance, Now running 2.6.11rc3, Software Suspend 2