Slow GUI with Evolution (and only with Evolution)

tyuiop no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Tue Feb 15 17:41:52 UTC 2005

Fedora Core 3, up-to-date. Evolution's interface is visibly slower than any other application's. When I click on New Message or Reply, or Forward or even go into Settings, the new window is created quite slowly (could take up to one second). What's really weird is that no other application has this problem, no matter what its native widgets set was (GTK+, Qt3 etc). Anyone else notice this behavior?
My machine: P4 2GHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 7500 64 MB (no, it's not about accelerators, as [b]everything[/b] else is working just fine -- and also, SuSE 9.2's Evolution, on the same machine, didn't display the same problem.

Any ideas?

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org