FC3 on a Compaq notebook: X trouble

Douglas Frank frank at zk3.dec.com
Thu Feb 17 17:36:08 UTC 2005

Ugh, looks like you're right.  The x.org site mentions that a lot of the
older S3 cards' drivers haven't been ported from xfree86 to x.org.  And
that there are no plans (because no people) to do so.

Sigh.

This is the first instance I've heard of, of old hardware being
abandoned by an open source community.

--
Douglas Frank    HP Co.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,