Samba Server setup and best practices

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Tue Feb 22 16:41:40 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 10:20, Tim Holmes wrote:

> If you have suggestions for reading, or ideas or other helpful
> hints, I would be greatly appreciative.  The resources that I
> have read on the net are at best confusing.  Also I am fairly new
> to Linux, and although I am learning, it is going to take me a
> while to get all the ins and outs of the system nailed down, so I
> may need some procedural help to get things working smoothly

If you haven't read through it, take a look at Chapter 6 of:

/usr/share/doc/samba-3.0.10/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

( on FC3 )

and there should also be copies available on the web.  I don't know
which version of samba FC2 uses but pay attention to samba version
numbers as there may differences in this area.

Regards, Mike Klinke