Including a PAM Module in the login process

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Tue Feb 22 20:50:03 UTC 2005

Hi Folks -- Just a quick follow on to the questions about samba earlier.

I downloaded the instructions about how to do the AD Authentication
from:

http://www.billboswellconsulting.com/files/Authenticating%20Linux%20desk
top%20with%20AD.pdf

and I have worked through this list of instructions to configure this,
the bind command apparently worked properly, so so far so good

The next step tells me to add the PAM Module mkhomedir.so to the login
process.  I am supposed to include it in the login and jgdm files.

>From all appearances I should just put

Auth         required       mkhomedir.so

Into both files, then save them and reboot

Is this correct, or have I gotten confused someplace.

Thanks

TIM

Tim Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster