Mplayer

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:49:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 02:02:27 +0100, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> Am Mi, den 23.02.2005 schrieb Kumara um 1:40:
>
> > I installed it (Mplayer & its dependencies) but I don't know how to open it,
> > it is not in multimedia folder in programs like Xine why?, if I select a
> > folder that has audio or video files I can see mplayer icon on them but can
> > not run mplayer. any idea?
> > Mohan
>
> You didn't say any word about how and from which place you installed
> mplayer. Can we expect you did get it as RPM from a well known
> repository? It should then come with a application bar file under
> /usr/share/applications. You can find out with
>
> grep -ni "mplayer" /usr/share/applications/*
>
> If you installed from sources you will have to create it yourself.
>
> Alexander
>
> --
> Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | new address - new key: 0xB366A773
> legal statement: http://www.uni-x.org/legal.html
> Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.14_FC2smp
> Serendipity 01:59:13 up 1 day, 13:07, load average: 0.16, 0.34, 0.38
>

> --

Alexander,
Could you please elabrate on this a little more? Because I always
intall from source, and it is true that I often have trouble running
programs afterwards, even though they seem to have been installed
correctly. Juk, for instance, I cannot run, although I installed
kde-multimedia. What exacly is an application bar file?!? Please
excuse the newbie smell....

Dotan Cohen
http://English-Lyrics.com
http://Song-Lyriks.com