Broadcom drivers works in rescue, but not regular boot....

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Thu Feb 24 04:21:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Michael Schmidt wrote:

> Have you looked to see if your using the same kernel version that the
> cdrom uses?  Also have you tried installing the latest kernel?

yes, sadly all exactly the same in rescue and normall installed version.
Then upgraded to the latest (2.6.10-1.766), but that also didn't
make a difference (i believe the tg3 driver was the same version).
Also tried a few things like without acpi,but nogo.  so,still stuck.

I might be some magic incantation of insmod, but i doubt that anaconda
controls things that closely. So, i suspect it's something already running
on this laptop that makes an insmod fail on tg3.

peter