Distributed file system

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Thu Feb 24 12:47:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 15:45 +0530, gaurav wrote:
> I am really looking for SAN Solution .......I will like re-phrase my
> original question .....Can I use a file system combine to storage spread
> across machines (50 Linux machines in my case in my lab ) and use it
> store files (rather than  expensive NAS solution)..... is it possible
> with  GFS ??  or any other file system ??

    Well I've been away from the action for three years, but keep in
mind if you build a Linux box with NFS/Samba on a raided, LVM-type
filesystem, you've basically built a SAN.  I don't know, but I *think*
that'd save you money in the long run.

    Just a thought.
Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller