List Rules

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Sun Feb 27 15:31:05 UTC 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 08:07:15AM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 09:36 -0500, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> > http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html
> >
> > Pay special attention to section 3 "One-to-Many Communication"
> > which covers how to use mailing lists, and which, coincidentally, the
> > recently posted "list rules" are largely a copy of.
> ----
> but of course, that doesn't say anything about prefacing each line of a
> quote reply with '> '

A 'net convention so widely subscribed to that even MS software defaults
to it - they probably felt it was such a given they didn't need to
mention it.

> and I'm quite sure that there was more ad-hoc extensions.

Nope.  If there were I'm sure you would have pointed them out.
Its a good short list (referring to the "List rules" post).

> this topic has been beaten to death

And will continue to be.  'Tis the nature of the net.  :)