Doubt about ulog and postgresql?

Vinicius cviniciusm at terra.com.br
Mon Feb 28 03:29:11 UTC 2005

Hello,

I did put the followed rule in the iptables "iptables -I
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT 8 -p tcp -j ULOG --ulog-prefix "Firewall: "", just
before the last rule (rulenum 8) that rejects all packets.

I did set up the file /etc/ulogd.conf to use a postgresql table such as
the example at /usr/share/doc/ulogd-1.21/, and I have created the
database ulogd and the table ulog as suggested there, with the same user
and password than the ones on ulogd.conf.

So, when I did do "/etc/init.d/ulogd restart" the system entered an
endeless loop.

Where could I find information about how to use postgresql with ulog
propely, please?

The relevants info:
kernel-2.6.10-1.766_FC3
kernel-utils-2.4-13.1.49_FC3