firefox question re mpg download disposal

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 03:53:28 UTC 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 22:40:18 -0500, Gene Heskett
<gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 01 January 2005 22:22, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> >Gene Heskett writes:
> >> On the second download, I let it finish too, but changed it to
> >> save to disk in the menu, then went looking for the file, wasn't
> >> to be found by an updatedb+locate.
> >
> >The updatedb+locate database is updated once a week, on early Sunday
> >mornings.
> >
> >Try again tomorrow.
>
> Except I ran it by hand, 3 times so far.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene

If you still have problems locating the file just right-click the file
and select "Save link as" to save it to your drive.  This way, there
is no question as to which program has control.  And, if you go to
Edit -> Preferences -> Downloads you can set the radio button for
Download folder so that the program asks you each time where you want
to store the file.

-- Kam