USB jump drive

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Jan 2 04:19:21 UTC 2005

Dave Jones wrote:

>On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 05:50:51PM -0800, Rick Lim wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > Is anyone able to use a USB jumpdrive or equivilant on FC?
> >
> > If so what brand and size?
>
>After a number of folks reported problems in bugzilla
>with the Lexar usb drives, and the sandisk ones, I went
>out and picked some up. I was somewhat disappointed that
>they both worked out of the box[1] for me.
>
>I considered that it may be usb controller specific, but
>I've used them both on a variety of USB1.1 and USB2.0 controllers.
>
>		Dave
>
>[1] where box = that evil plastic spacedevil packaging that has to be
>    opened with a variety of sharp tools.

Said box is a called a "clamshell" and I hate them. I'm surprised that
plastic shards have not cut someone's body open as the person struggled
to open a clamshell package, prompting said person to sue the
manufacturer for knowingly using packaging which is actually dangerous
to folks of all ages.

Bob Cochran