USB jump drive

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Jan 2 05:08:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 11:53:28PM -0500, Robert L Cochran wrote:

 > I'd like to get a 20 Gb flash drive for no more than USD $20.00 which works
 > out to 0.000976562 cents per megabyte. Now on 20 Gb, I can do some serious
 > stuff.

I think it's safe to say that you'll be waiting quite a while
for prices to reach *that* low.  20GB of regular memory is going
to be silly prices for some time to come unless some technological
breakthrough occurs, flash memory moreso.

Even 1GB DIMMs are only just starting to get affordable.
The most affordable 'large' USB key I've seen so far
was 1GB for ~$59.

		Dave