New monitor and I am getting no display (GUI)

Appeet appeet at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 17:16:34 UTC 2005

I had installed fedora fc3 on my desktop. Everything was working fine until I connected a "New MONITOR".

Once I installed my new monitor, I do not get any GUI. Only the shell appears during startup and after that it is just the monitor power light blinking (I know monitor is fine because on my dual boot things are well on the XP side)

So what do i need to do ? Do I need to probe my new monitor ? How can I do it ?

Graphics card : Intel 82810 display adapter
Monitor : Samsung Samtron 55V

Thanks in advance.,