What happened to my swap ? !!

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Jan 2 18:18:32 UTC 2005

Am So, den 02.01.2005 schrieb Appeet um 18:50:

> I originally installed my installation with swap on hdb4 (linux on hda2)
>
> However when I "physically" mounted my second harddrive I had to install it as a secondary slave. Because of this
> reason the definition for my swap is now hdd4. When I do a "top" I see that swap available is "0" (I originally had 1
> gb on hdb4) so i guess my question now is how do I make linux use hdd4 as swap.

Simply edit /etc/fstab as root and change hdb4 (4th primary partition on
primary slave drive) to be hdd4 (4th primary partition on secondary
slave drive).

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:15:10 up 10 days, 20:59, load average: 0.73, 0.41, 0.37