Playing .vob files in xine/kaffeine

Partha Bagchi partha at comcast.net
Sun Jan 2 23:48:03 UTC 2005

Sharon Kimble wrote:

>I was given a dvd of 'Mrs Doubtfire' for Christmas. There are several .vob
>files on it, how can I play it in either xine or kaffeine please?
>
>Take care
>Sharon.

I just answered this in the other thread with mplayer. If you like to
use command line, then simply xine and point to the dvd player. you can
also configure xine to play it automatically when you insert a dvd.

Go to

Applications -> Preferences -> Removable Storage

In the DVD Videos section, check Play DVD Videos when inserted and for
the Command, add the following:

xine -p=f -s dvd

HTH,
Partha