mplayer

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jan 3 00:11:59 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 03:40:03PM -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
> > This is why all Fedora users should use Apt-Get.  Google it and
> > install and setup a 3rd party repository.

A good collection of 3rd party repositories is given by the
medley-package-config:

http://atrpms.net/name/medley-package-config/

Try

rpm -Uhv http://download.atrpms.net/other/packages/fedora-3-i386/atrpms/atrpms-kickstart-25-1.rhfc3.at.i386.rpm
apt-get update
apt-get install medley-package-config
apt-get install mplayer mplayer-skins xine ...

or

apt-get install synaptic
synaptic

and click yourself though the desired packages.

> > Then all it takes is: apt-get install mplayer.  And it will get
> > the mplayer package and all its dependancies.

That's the beauty of package resolvers :)

> I have tried apt-get and tt is no match for dependency messes created
> by installing packages from ATrpms.

What you call a mess is a blessing for others ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net