firefox issues

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Mon Jan 3 05:28:57 UTC 2005

Jim wrote:

>On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 00:14:10 -0500, Jim <lawrence.jim at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>i checked the plugins directory of firefox 1.0
>>and the plugin
>>name               size          Type
>> ns610-gcc32    46 bytes    link (broken)
>>
>>i think this has something to do with why i can't play games on yahoos site
>>any thoughts??
>>--
>>James Lawrence
>>Rochester NY
>>

>just wanted to add that  these plugins were there as well
>Name                    Size         Type
>libjavaplugin_oji.so   275 KB    linked to shared library
>libnullplugin.so         15.9 KB   Shared library

What version of Java are you using? It works fine for me. In my case, I
have Java Runtime Environment 1.5 installed in /usr/java/jre1.5.0/ and I
just created a symbolic link in /usr/lib/firefox-1.0/plugins/ to
/usr/java/jre1.5.0/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

Notice you have to use the ns7 version.

HTH

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department