hal blacklist

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Jan 3 11:38:14 UTC 2005

On 01/03/2005 03:18:05 AM, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 03 January 2005 13:02, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> > How does one blacklist a device so that hal does not poll it or
> mount
> > it?
> >
> > --
> > Cheap Linux CD's
> > http://mpeters.us/linux/
>

> Try adding a module name in the /etc/hotplug/blacklist

I do not think it is a module.
I suspect hal probing of my iPod mini is what is keeping it busy (do
not disconnect message - stays like that until a reboot) and I want it
left alone by hal, I'm using autofs to mount/unmount it.

Not sure it is hal to blame - but I don't want it automounted in /media
anyway. I'm not finding much hald documentation in google, and there is
virtually no documentation installed in Fedora, at least not in /usr/
share/doc or a man page. Rather frustrating.