selecting default session with gdm

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Mon Jan 3 15:06:50 UTC 2005

Easy question.

I have an older laptop, and I've installed XFCE (in addtion to GNOME).
The (graphical) login screen seems to be managed by GDM.  The GNOME is
default session, but I'd like it to change it to XFCE on system level
(GNOME is too much for the little guy to handle).  How to do that?  I've
looked around the bit, attempted to figure where the session list for
GDM is defined (the one displayed when "Sessions" is clicked on login
screen), and where the default session is defined, but hasn't had much luck.