FC2 big update problem

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina mihamina at mail.rktmb.org
Mon Jan 3 16:33:39 UTC 2005

Hello, First let's hope a happy news year to all.

I got a x86 dedicated server on wich the hoster has installed FC2.
Ok.
The default kernel is a 2.6.6smp, and so on...
I tried a 'yum update'.

I updated the kernel too, to 2.6.9smp. Why not.

The update logs in the std output, the terminal. I saw nothing wrong. It
also updated the lilo.conf file, 'cause I found ther entries talking
about the 2.6.9. Just because I'm paranoid, i ran 'lilo'. It was Ok.

Then as everything seemed to be Ok, I decided to reboot (with the reboot
command), to run the brand new kernel. Huh!! the server's off.

What did I miss?
--
ASPO Infogérance       http://aspo.rktmb.org/activites/infogerance
Unofficial FAQ fcolc   http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/