What to do next?--about installing fedora

David Barnsdale daividb2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 01:17:31 UTC 2005

Darren Li wrote:

>I got an FC3-i386-DVD.iso file and checked the MD5Sum well. What I
>need to do next to install fedora?
>
>I burn this iso file directly to a DVD in Windows XP environment?
> or i have to decompress this iso file and burn them th a DVD?
>
>then Can i boot my computer with this DVD?

You need to find an option to burn it as an iso image. Then it will
be bootable. If you just use the default options you will just end up with
a copy of the iso file which serves only as an nonbootable back up.

When you have cut that disc, reboot from it and it will go into the
instalation
program for Fedora. The instalation is very straightforward
except that it starts by checking the checksum of the DVD
and will probably fail it. For a workaround see:
http://www.fedorafaq.org/

Daivid